Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Visitation

Tonight was a good visit with Rob. He looked good, was in good spirits and had a visitor from his past. (Forgive me, just a little foggy with names!) It was a big pick-up for Rob. The look on his face was worth a million dollars. For someone to come see Rob, after being away from the area, it just tells you what kind of a person Rob is. When a person has many longtime friends, that is something that speaks volumes about him. I am glad that I know Rob and will continue to believe what we all have for so long.....He is an innocent man. He will continue to need our prayers and help. I only hope and pray that justice will be done and all the wrongs can be undone. In the meantime, keep praying and hold on, somehow, we will see justice done.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Friends-

I am the old friend that showed up on the scene last night for Rob's visitation. I have been away and just read about Rob's plight in Saturday's headlines. I subsequently submerged myself in Rob's cause. I spoke with one of Rob's attorneys-Mr. Cotter- yesterday. He graciously caught me up to speed. Count me in as an avid supporter!

Rob looks good! He sounds good! He is, of course, angry, but still believes- as we all do- that goodness will prevail. This was his last visiting opportunity for a while. He will be transferred to Joliet later this week (we are thinking Thursday). Mr. Cotter described this to me as a "distribution center". He will be at Joliet for an unknown period of time before being assigned to a different facility.

The next step is APPEAL! Of course the motion for appeal is underway. It is my understanding that the Court of Appeals is in Ottawa. I believe this could take up to a year, but I could easily be mistaken as I am still processing this unbelievable ordeal. I also know the they are going to request bond, but the request will more than likely be denied.

For those who are weary and disheartened- rest your weary heads and rejuvenate. There is a little time to "regroup" while he is being processed. Then the need to stand strong will soon rear its ugly head once again. Take heart in the fact that Rob has not given up-and neither will we!