Tuesday, December 28, 2010

One Year Ends and Another Begins

Hoping everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend, I did not want to smear the spirit with my woes.

Sleepless nights continue as I prepare myself mentally for what lies ahead; frantically trying to stay present to savor the immediate moments. Enjoying time with my family and friends and especially my mother for the holidays. I never stop thinking about my children and I repeat the mantra that "I did not commit a crime and Olivia was not ever injured. The forensic evidence PROVES this but people are strange." Insult to injury was being politically pilloried by the elected officials at the top of my own profession. Betrayal and anguish.

I don't want to be a whiner and I try to keep my chin up these days despite the fact that I cannot honestly believe this type of thing happens to anyone these days in a land of laws not men. Why me? No answer. It is what it is.

We have hope and a plan and I need support as I often get frozen like a deer in the headlights. I cannot explain why this happens as I am a fighter/problem solver and feel ashamed of my mental immobility. Yet here I am, Alive and well taking one day at a time.

More to come. Happy New Year.

Rob